City of Norton
- Norton Reservoir: Four miles from downtown Norton. Upper Reservoir is 9.8 acres and Lower Reservoir 7.8 acres. Available activities: Fishing, kayaking/canoeing/paddle boarding, electric motor boats. Camping, hiking, and mountain biking trails located nearby. If wanting to fish, check out these Regulations. Driving Directions
- High Knob Lake: A four-acre lake located in High Knob Recreation Area, about 7.5 miles from downtown Norton. A minimum 14-inch length limit for brook trout is in place, and anglers can possess only two brook trout greater than 14 inches per day, according to Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources regulations. Artificial lures allowed. The use of bait is prohibited. A National Forest Permit is also required to fish in the lake. Driving Directions
- Bark Camp Lake: A 60-acre lake located almost 13 miles from Norton in Scott County. Available Activities: Canoeing/kayaking and electric motor boats, fishing, hiking trails. A paved boat launch, picnicking, and campground also available. Day Use Fee: $3. Driving Directions
- Bear Creek Reservoir: A 26.3-acre lake located about 12 miles from Norton in Wise. Available activities: Fishing and non-motorized boating. Driving Directions
- North Fork of Pound Reservoir: This 154-acre lake with 13.5 miles of wooded shoreline is located about 17 miles from Norton outside Pound. Several recreation areas offer access to the lake and various amenities. Visit North Fork of Pound Boat Launch, Phillips Creek Day Use Area, and Cane Patch Campground for more information and driving directions.
Big Stone Gap
- Big Cherry Reservoir: This 250-acre lake in Big Stone Gap allows canoes/kayaks and electric motor boats. Fishing and seasonal hunting also permitted. Visit the Big Stone Gap website for more information on reservoir access and fees.
- Clinch River: There are several opportunities to explore the Clinch River on its journey through Virginia from Tazewell County to the Tennessee state line. Visit the Clinch River Valley Initiative website for more information on river access, communities along the river, and other amenities and attractions.
- Lake Keokee: A 92-acre lake located almost 21 miles from Norton in Lee County. Available activities: Fishing, non-gasoline motor boats, and hiking. Visit the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources and U.S. Forest Service websites for more information on amenities. Driving Directions